Anti-virus

Forums General News and Information Anti-virus

Participant

Has anyone experienced computer problems with Kaspersky/Ivanti?  Apparently this is the heavy-duty version.  It is required to be on my computer by the employer, but has made my computer crash twice, according to the tech who fixed it.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Victoria
    Participant

Hi Melody,

I have Kaspersky/Ivanti on my system.  Like you, I was also required to upload this antivirus software.  I have experienced no issues or crashes with this software until a week or two ago.  My weekly system report indicated that my system has been completely protected from an antiviral standpoint.  However, on my most recent update, my system was warning me of possible database contamination.  Red Flag!

I understand that Kaspersky/Ivanti is known to be reputable antiviral software, which is why I probably never experienced any issues until now!  However, I don’t like how I am unable to unistall it.

Did you go to a tech because you were unable to unistall the software from your system?

Has your issue been resolved?

Cheers,

Victoria

Melody
    Participant

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for replying.  I too do no like that I can not uninstall it myself.  I had to get their techs to install/uninstall by remote control.  I had to have my windows operating system reinstalled as it had become corrupted, yet there was no virus.  So I am back at work, and so far so good, but then it took a while before it started mucking up the works last time, so I will have to wait and see.

Thanks,

Melody

Victoria
    Participant

Thanks, Melody!

I appreciate the feedback! I have also decided to backup then wipe my system in order to uninstall it!

Good luck at work!

Cheers,

Victoria

Melody
    Participant

Well, the computer is back to its tricks, shutting down whenever it feels like it, and is slowing down a bit.  I do not know what to do.  I will see how much worse it gets and then let my supervisor know.

Victoria
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you’re once again experiencing technical difficulties – not fun!

Contacting your Supervisor is a good idea…especially as this is affecting your productivity!

Good Luck!

Victoria

Melody
    Participant

Thanks!  If there are any developments I will post again.  As it is, the computer is just a bit slower and shuts off without notice.  Fortunately, most of the time, I can recover my work.  If it gets as bad as the last time, I may be forced to quit.

Melody

DebCole
    Participant

I have Kaspersky/Ivanti on my computer as well and I have had nothing but problems.  My computer is fairly new but runs like an old computer now and another new thing is that some programs that I’m working in just randomly freeze and shut down.  It also takes forever to boot up my computer now as well.   I am quite frustrated and would like to know the outcome for you ladies, as I may have to give this up if I can’t have this fixed.

Debbie

Melody
    Participant

My computer still shuts down when I am in the middle of a report, and it is not as fast as it used to be, but until it gets worse I will keep going, as I see no alternative but to try another company to work for.  They were not able to help last time, and I had to have windows downloaded again.  Thanks for replying to this, it is good to know someone else has this problem.

Melody

Melody
    Participant

I thought I would update this thread on the problems with freeze and complete shut down I was having.  The company required everyone to do updates to the antivirus and and then send in a screen shot to show that this was done.  I believe this was shortly after my last post in July 2018.  I updated to the company’s latest version, and dare I say it out loud, I have had no problems with shut down or freeze ever since I downloaded the latest version supplied by my employer.  So, hopefully Kasperski was able to fix the problem for good.  Just thought I would let you know.

Melody

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.