DictoScribe typing

Forums Healthcare Documentation Course Course Support DictoScribe typing

Participant

Please tell me it is not just me………When doing transcriptions, dictoScribe just ignores me, lol, seriously though. At first, I thought it was just my typing, but then I would one finger type letter by letter and like 3 out 6 letters wouldn’t show up……thought maybe it was my keyboard, but it is the same using built-in keyboard and wired keyboard. AND it only happens while transcribing, not in email, or google, or here for that matter.  It makes for a lot more mistakes to edit and is such a royal pain!!!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Laurie Monks
    Participant

Hi Rita,

I asked IT about this. It was suggested to log out of DictoScribe and the CanScribe page, then close your browser. Reopen the browser and log back in to see if this issue has stopped. If not, please contact IT either by calling the school or using the Pure Chat (hit the Support tab on the course page). Also, please try using Google Chrome as your browser.

Thanks very much!

Laurie Monks, Instructor

karliandres
    Participant

I have had the same problem with this!  I really have noticed it after returning to DicoScribe after using Fluency.  Just cannot keep up with the typing!  Also no issues typing on any other program on my computer.  It has been like this since I started using the platform.

Rita
    Participant

Did you figure anything out? I switched to Google Chrome like recommended. That solved the original problem…..but…..now that I am using FastFox (like recommended) Chrome is constantly crashing saying I need to uninstall FastFox (it is made more for Mozilla Firefox).  So I guess I need to decide which is more of a pain in the butt! lol!

I noticed this too, thank you for the tip on logging out. I think this will help me complete them faster!

Thank you for pointing this out.  I just started my program and I wanted to get as much info as I could from the forums.  Turns out I might have extra hurdles along the way hehe.  Thank you again =)!

Ahmed

BODY AS A WHOLE TRANSCRIPTION

I am currently trying to work on the transcriptions in order to finish this course.  Has anyone else had issues hearing the dictator.  I am very frustrated I have played around with stuff and still nothing.  I only hear static and a very faint voice.  this is crazy considering the amount of $ spent for the program and we are to be learning not being frustrated by our actual lessons.  We can’t learn properly if we can not hear.  I would understand it later in the course but not so soon.  I think it is very very very unfair to have dictators at this point we can not hear or understand.  the static is horrific.

please let me know if anyone else has experienced this.

Meghan Livingston
    Participant

The word checker in Dicto-Scribe has stopped working. It only occasionally underscores the errors and it seems to come and go. I can’t find any pattern that makes sense. When it does catch the errors and I click on them, half of the time it does nothing. The other half of the time I click on it and the corrected version appears but when I click on that it does not apply the change. Then the underscore disappears and I can’t get it back again. This has been going on for a few weeks and seems to be getting worse. It’s extremely frustrating. This course is difficult enough without also having to deal with software issues.

Stacey Dipronio
    Participant

I found the same thing happened to me recently. Here was my solution.

1. Open the transcription that you are working on.
    2. Highlight some text.
    3. Right click your mouse (or double tap your track pad if using laptop). A new box will appear.
    4. Click on Spell check.
    5. Click on English (United States).
    6. Ensure the check mark is to the left of Use basic spell check.

I have had to reset my spell check a few times because I get going too fast and accidentally,somehow disable it.

Meghan Livingston
    Participant

That definitely helped. Thank you so much. The only problem now is that it doesn’t recognize medical terms….

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.