Carolyn – Student ServicesModerator
- December 17, 2020 at 3:13 pm
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT
Job ID 1480280 Date posted 12/16/2020
Job title :ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Interior Health is looking for an Administrative Services Assistant to join their “Healthy From the Start” Prenatal program within the Population Health Services team! If you have graduated from an office administration program and have an invigilated 5 minute typing test within the last 48 months, apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
- An Office Administration Certificate;
- A current valid BC Driver’s License;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:30
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
This Position Performs Reception, Administrative And Health Unit Aide Support To Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS); Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU); Primary & Community Care Transformation (PCCT) Programs, Such As
- Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS/MHSU/PCCT resource material;
- Clinical support – cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
- Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
- Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- 4-Step Wage Progression;
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
- Municipal Pension Plan;
- Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
- Continuing Education program; and
- Disability & Wellness Programs.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
- One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Current valid BC Driver’s License
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to type at 40 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Knowledge of nursing equipment
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
- Business writing skills
**Along with your resume, please submit an Office Administration Certificate, Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within the past 48 months) from a recognized institution and copy of Driver’s License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
Training and orientation will require applicant to be onsite at CHSC in Kelowna.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/kelowna/administrative-services-assistant/602/1827873800
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.